To start off the new week in an awesome manner, I have listed a few goals I want to work on to further my positive growth:
- Match my eating habits to my fitness regimen (No. 1 priority)
- To get plenty of rest, i.e., 8 continuous hours of sleep (No. 2 priority)
- Continue running (3x) and rock climbing (3x)
- Don’t take things too seriously and be flexible
- Keep up with my something-nothing philosophy
- To not spread myself too thinly
- Be there for myself, to be loving and not judgmental or critical
- Work on my resume and seriously look into jobs
As I don’t really have much of a story, I figured I’d post about my weekend in the form of photos...
... and a recipe. I was inspired by the Pure2Raw twins Lori and Michelle's vegan Tiramisu Pancakes, and I instantly thought of socca. They love socca. I love socca. And this recipe was the next logical step forward to combining two great ideas.
120 g Garbanzo bean flour
60 ml Coconut milk
60 ml strong coffee, chilled or room temperature preferred
120 ml Almond milk
10 ml Unrefined apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. Sea salt
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Coconut oil
Stevia, to taste
Click here to see how I usually prepare socca. This ranges from two to four servings, but I halved the recipe to make one large “pancake” with a cast iron griddle pan.
After it is cool enough to handle, slice the socca into quarters and stack the triangles on top of each other.
Smear the top with an extra helping of refrigerated coconut milk, which has the consistency of a soft whipped cream (though I think it would be absolutely fabulous to have between every single layer).
Garnish with cocoa nibs and a drizzle of maple syrup as garnishes.