Saturday, August 13, 2011

The New England Adventure

Mama Dazz and I have been in Massachusetts for nearly 48 hours, and I cannot deny how beautiful it is. The sky resembles that robin egg blue I remember in Sweden, with cotton puff clouds randomly dispersed. The people are open and inviting, particularly the cashiers at the Hannaford supermarket (which has a gluten-free/health section and kombucha!). We slept nearly twelve hours our first night at the Embassy Suites in Marlborough after a delectable steak dinner we made. 


And the salmon dinner last night was just as wonderful.


In a few hours we will be heading out to St. Mary’s Church in Holliston to witness a distant cousin’s wedding, to reunite with family after over a decade of being apart, and to enjoy the euphoric event with as much gusto as my five-foot-four frame will allow.

This will not be a gluten-free event, so I am packing my own awesome meal. But for now I am posting the recipes I said I’d post, eating an early lunch, and getting into the wedding spirit (as well the dress I packed).

Turkey Goulash

2 tbsp. Ghee and Olive oil, for greasing
1.25 lb Ground turkey
28 oz (1 large or 2 regular sized cans) Diced tomatoes
1 Red onion (small), finely diced
1 Shallot, finely diced
2 Garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 Yellow bell pepper, julienned and finely chopped
2 Celery stalks, julienned and finely chopped
1 Carrot, julienned and finely chopped
4 oz Petite peas, fresh or frozen
4 oz Dry white wine
1 tsp. Sea salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
Parmesan cheese, for garnish

In a large skillet, place the ghee and olive oil on medium-high heat.
Add the ground turkey, break apart into small chunks and stir until completely browned.
Put in the remaining ingredients covered with a lid, decrease the heat to medium-low and let cook for at least half an hour.
Serve over a bed of rice and garnished with Parmesan shavings.

Serve 4 – 6 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment