Friday, July 27, 2012

Healing with Smoothies

Between the smiles and the sighs, I’ll have to say that turning my life upside down has been a worthwhile experience. The things that ended brought about opportunities, so I know this crisis will blow over soon. I’ve started regaining my drive towards what I really want to do for the world, feeling so sure and secure with my efforts that I rarely have time for much else. Funny how that happens once you are honest with the universe, give up television, and nourishing myself for a change.


So don’t worry about the turbulence that comes with an abrupt change, my friends, because sooner or later the storm quiets down.

In the midst of all this change, I’ve been making recipe after recipe after recipe, sometimes losing the paper I wrote it down on (I really ought to get a notebook for this sort of thing), but truly focusing on balance. While camping, I attended a class called “The Five Elements of Nutrition”, and immediately purchased the recommended books when I had access to my laptop. Since I’ve started reading these books, I’ve been thinking about foods in the aspect of “cold” and “warm”, “damp” or “dry”, “sour” and “sweet” and “pungent” and “spicy”, etc. As I work on using food as a form of healing, I’ll definitely post my efforts as I read through it.

After coming back from our trip, I was really big on smoothies for the days following. Green smoothies, sweet and savory smoothies, fruit and vegetable smoothies… you name it, I tried it. It helped me deal with the heartbreak, knowing that I was cleansing from the inside out, and I am thinking of making smoothies a usual thing in my daily meal plans.

Green Goodness Pineapple Smoothie

280 g Frozen pineapple chunks (Mango works beautifully as well)
100 g Frozen spinach
1 English cucumber, seeded and cut into chunks
1 Green bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
Fresh ginger, to taste (at least the size of your thumbnail)
500 ml Coconut water

Place all of the ingredients into the blender and mix until thoroughly combined.

Makes 2 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment