Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fitness Week 1

Monday [completed]

Walk 10 minutes.
Next 6 minutes alternate running 1 minute and walking 1 minute.
Walk 4 minutes.
Stretch.

Notes: Time passed! Fun, and actually “ran.” I did stretch, but didn't do the ones they recommended. Will do so from now on.

Measurements 1 hr after 450-550 cal breakfast, and <8 oz cold water right before.

Body Photos [check.]

Weight: 124 lbs
BMI: 21.6
BMR: 1389.45

Measurements:
Forearms: L11 R11 in.
Waist: 26.75 in.
Hips: 36.75 in.
Thighs: L19 R19 in.
Total Inches: 123.5

Tuesday [sort of completed... see notes]
"Tone Zone" Strength Training Program.
Stretch.

Notes: I must have been doing work outs all wrong in the past. Thirty minutes + 10 - 15 minutes of the recommended stretching = beyond tired. On the other hand, I should have also watched the video(s) on each move, because I did: #1 wrong with a pair of 7.5 lb dumbbells, #2 too slowly (and thus, not well or at all), #3 straightforward and without the rotation, #4 with support and by bending my knee against the wall, #5 with 5 lb dumbbells and on bended knee when my right wrist started hurting again (that, and I didn't change arms every other time), #6 awkwardly and not changing direction to form a full circle, and #7 with 5 lb dumbbells and a lot of effort (but at least correctly).

For future reference, dear readers, if there is a video showing you a workout movement, click it before you hit the gym. I think I did the stretches correctly, though... except for #10 (didn't do sideways).

Wednesday [completed]
Walk 10 minutes.
Next 8 minutes alternate running 1 minute and walking 1 minute.
Walk 2 minutes.
Stretch.

Notes: Despite soreness from yesterday's workout, I ran beautifully. Did recommended stretches except for #5, #7, and #10 - 12 (I didn't have the equipment at home).

Thursday [not completed]
"Rock Solid Abs" Strength Training Program.
Stretch.

Notes: With an all-nighter, school, and then work, I didn't have time to go. That, and I didn't want to overexert myself. I moved Thursday's workout to Friday. Slept 12+ hours then that night, and felt significantly better.

Friday [completed Thursday's workout]
Walk 8 minutes.
Next 10 minutes alternate running 1 minute and walking 1 minute.
Walk 2 minutes.

"Rock Solid Abs" Strength Training Program.
Stretch.

Notes: The "Rock Solid Abs" Strength Training Program was really intense! It took me two tries to get the "Stability Ball Pelvic Tilt Crunch", but I'm glad I did it right. I'm still having issues with the plank exercises, such as "Walk the Plank and Rotate" and "Nose-to-Knee Crunch" and ended up not doing them. My muscles were still getting used to the new exercise plan, and I was quite awkward in my attempts. The rest of them, while difficult, were able to be completed successfully.

Saturday [Completed :)]
Rest Day.
My "cheat" day for gluten free grains, fruits, and sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.

Notes: I had a rolled oats breakfast bake with 2 eggs, 1/2 a banana, and peanut butter with spirulina for breakfast (including coffee). Went to Ikea (sigh... I miss Sweden), and had some of their coffee and half-&-half. For lunch had a teff "crepe", made with 2 eggs, and topped it with leftover turkey; side was goat chevre, tomatoes, and cucumber. I had an afternoon snack, a Granny Smith and a little honey. Dinner consisted of slices of New York strip, mushrooms and onions, and oven baked root veggies (rutabaga, garlic cloves, sweet potato, russet potato, and parsnip). 

Sunday [Completed]
Walk 6 minutes.
Next 12 minutes alternate running 2 minutes and walking 2 minutes.
Walk 2 minutes.
Stretch.

Notes: Not too bad, but I definitely ran slower. As I had run to far and extended the walk by an additional five minutes, I decided not to stretch as I have been doing after every exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment