Monday, September 12, 2011

The Bento Box Snapshot: Saucy Boiled Chicken, Sesame Peas, and Sweet Potato

It was last Friday when the Cosmos made everything right again, and the weekend when everything began falling into place. My whole perspective was given a one-eighty, and I was back to the Morri that found life grand, didn’t sweat the small stuff, and laughed often.


After what seemed like months, perhaps semesters long, I finally feel settled and back into the rhythm of things.

This is my first Bento Box Snapshot with Cheryl Harris’s perspective on my meals when I’m at campus all day. So I’ve altered how I packed my Bento Box, mainly because my love of veggies made it colorful but very low in calories. From now on my veggies will be packed in another container (or in a plastic bag). She had also advised me to pack a hard-boiled egg, a piece of cheese, or a small container filled with nuts to curb me over between meals.


Also, I noticed that when I use butter instead of peanut butter in my morning oatmeal, I am significantly fuller and don’t have the jitters a few hours later.

So what’s being served for today?


Mr. & Mrs. Eggston, newly hard-boiled.

For lunch, I have two hard-boiled eggs, slivers of carrot, red pepper, and celery, and a Granny Smith apple with peanut butter, spirulina, and chia seeds. It isn’t pictured, but I added a small chunk of Parmesan cheese to the equation.



As for the Bento Box itself, there’s boiled chicken marinated in tamarind chutney, petite peas with sesame seeds, and sweet potato. And in case I’m still a tad peckish, I packed a combination of raw pepitas and sunflower seeds.



Happy Monday, all. I have a feeling it’s going to be an amazing week, with quite a few recipes to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment