Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Bento Box Snapshot

Bento box, oh!
Bento box, dear Bento box –
I love you so.

It has taken me the greater part of this semester, but I think I have finally gotten the hang of it. The majority of my meals concerning this awesome container tended to be on the lighter side of calorie intake and not as filling, two things that can make a long day of classes seem longer.

But I think I’ve finally gotten it right.


My community conflict resolution class runs from 4:30 to 7:10 p.m. on Tuesdays, so I need some major foodage to pay attention. (This is our last class and the last simulation for the conflict regarding mountaintop mining in Appalachia for the semester).

This is my Bento box for tonight’s dinner:


An open sandwich using a cornbread round from last night, with roast beef and turkey slices (three of each), a halved slice of Fontina cheese, garnished with Dijon mustard and Thai basil leaves.

As for the veggies: 1/2 Kirby cucumber, 1 carrot, 1/4 red bell pepper, 5 small heirloom tomatoes, and two radishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment