Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sweet Pea Pucker Smoothie


Is there such a thing as posting too many recipes in one day? It seems like I’m taking photos of everything food related, then posting it with a recipe. But at the same time, it makes sense because I’m working on getting used to my new Nikon D50 and, well, this is a food blog. Still, I fear the god of blogging may find my attitude overzealous and my offerings to be fickle and insincere, thus causing the rest of the deities in the cyber pantheon to make my laptop’s ability to do even the simplest of tasks harder than it has to be.

So far, lightning has not struck me from where I type. I guess that means I’m safe… for now. Unless, of course, my cell phone taking a spin through the washing machine is somehow related to my recent blogging habits.

Nah.


On a lighter note, this recipe was inspired by the oh-so green smoothie concept that seems to pop up now and then in various food blogs. After the first few times visiting Cheryl of Harris Whole Health, she wanted me to do two things: more seafood intake at least three times a week and more protein and vegetables throughout the day. The first two were easy enough, but the veggies? That was little more difficult.

Don’t get me wrong, though. I love vegetables. It was just a matter of fitting them into the before-noon meals that were a challenge. In the mornings my body wants a complex carbohydrate-based breakfast from whole grains, something to give me immediate energy and the comfort only hot cereals, quick breads, and porridge can provide. It occurred to me, however, that I rather liked smoothies, and having one around noon or in the early afternoon sounded wonderful.

The outcome was a complete success.

It is an extremely refreshing drink, filled with vegan greenage goodness. I highly recommend it while enjoying the sunshine on a not so cloudy day (Or on any day, for that matter). Flip flops are encouraged, but not required.


Sweet Pea Pucker-Up Smoothie

1 Ripe banana
7 Frozen mango chunks
3/4 c. Frozen petite peas
1/2 c. So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 Lemon, juiced

Put all the ingredients into a blender.
Mix until smooth.

Serves 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment